Dairy-Free Vegan Banana Chocolate Bread
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups of mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For turbo broiler - preheat 140 degrees for 10 minutes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or hand mixer, mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water until well combined. Add flour mixture to the mixer and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary. Mix the mashed bananas. Batter should look and feel more watery than normal cake batters.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan/s, filling each pan 1/2 full. Transfer to oven and bake. oven 15-20 minutes. For turbo broiler 140 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Note: For turbo broiler users like me - Temp must be - 140 Degrees for 20 minutes.